About Assessments - Quizzes and Tests

  • Throughout the course, there will be quizzes and tests based on the units of the curriculum. Assessments (fancy ed-speak for tests/quizzes) are worth 60% of a student's overall grade. The other 40% is everyday classwork/homework. This percentage breakdown is the same for all science classes grades 6-8 here at MVMS. 

 Click here for calendar of upcoming quizzes and tests. 


   

  • There is no science state assessment for 6th graders (like last year's 5th grade state science assessment). The next state science assessment will be in 8th grade.