Discussion

Back to Thread Listing

ETD 77: A. What are all the different types of symbiosis and give an example of each. B. Explain the role of the plant hormones: Auxin, Cyotkinin, Giberellin, Abscissic Acid, + Ethylene(non-hormone)
May 15, 2013 at 8:09am

Replies

Displaying 1-2 of 2 results.
Sort by:

Adilah M
June 04, 2013 at 9:33pm

Adilah taught me about different types symbiosis. She also told be about endosymbiosis. She told me that the mitochondria found in most animal cells was once an individual organism that was consumed by another cell. Another thing she told me about was mutualism, a symbiotic relationship where both species benefit. Additionally, she told me about plant hormones and what they do. I thought this discussion was very interesting. ---------------------------------------------------- I taught my mom about different types of symbiotic relationships and used examples to explain them to her, such as mycorrhiza. By doing this I learned more examples of symbiosis as well.We also discussed different types of plant hormones and functions. By teaching her about them I learned more about them myself since originally much of it felt unclear to me.

Madison Boggan
May 18, 2015 at 5:20pm

Parent: I learned that symbiosis is about the relationships between animals. My favorite was mutualism because I love how interconnected nature is. It amazes me that very different and opposite animals can work together. An example of this that I came up with after Maddie explained it was with myself and our dog. Our dog protects me and increases our families safety and we provide our dog with shelter and food.

Student: I liked having this conversation because my mom came up with an interesting example of mutualism, us and our dog. I tried to put examples to each type of symbiosis that our family could connect with. An example of this was for parasitism: In Anatone, my brother was bite by a tick.